What if the administrators of our school district unblocked all the social networking sites to everyone at school?
Read the questions below, but before you answer, do a little research, read through a few of the links and cite your references. Consider all the people at school involved: Students, teachers and administrators.
• Case for social media in school
• When do students and teachers cross the line?
• Online Social Networking
• Social Media: The Bully's Playground
• Facebook for preteens, a bad idea?
• 55 Fun Infographics about Social Networking
1. What could be the advantages or benefits of opening up all social network sites at school?
2. What could be the bad effects or dangers of this decision?
3. How could teachers use social networking in their classrooms?
(YOU are GenYES be creative!)
4. Simple Yes or no! (Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages to open up social networking?)