My favorite laptop is The Vaio Zoom from the website Slick Laptops website.It looks super awesome so I would have to say that it is my idea of a perfect laptop at the moment.Looks very slick and cool! I hope to own one in the future
1.) I quickly looked at the websites and the website "Slick Laptops" had the most AWESOME looking device. I liked the Vaio Zoom because it is futuristic looking and has holographic keys.2.) My perfect laptop would not have an exact shape or model...just as long as it can do pretty much anything is fine with me. Yes it has to be able to make stuff out of thin air like...Assassin's Creed 3.
I am totally flabbergasted at the Vaio Zoom! ;D This sleek labtop is 'one big step for man, but a giant step for mankind!'. This computer looks like it came out of Alien v. Predator. It has that high tec look to it. Get these labtops and desktop computers will vanish with a push of a button!
I liked the MacTab from the Slick Laptops. It looked simple and sweet. I would want a portable sleek computer that worked well as well as looked good.
1. One laptop stuck out to me on the first website called the mac tab. I like the idea of a split laptop where the screen is separate from the body.2. I am not a designer of laptops by no means, but I guess I could dream a little. My perfect laptop would probably be a split design with a strong magnetic connection between the screen and the body. This would give the user an unlimited amount of configurations from split to completely bent back. I do not think a touch screen would be a feature, but maybe offer an external, larger touch pad that can attach to the screen. Also, off of that note, you could offer different keyboards with the laptop to please everyone.
The Viao Zoom from the first site looks pretty cool but frankly I think that these old designs are somewhat pointless in the current tablet market. The idea of non physical keys is terrible and I don't think that many people can work effectively. I do think the clear glass design is pretty cool but I don't know how far that technology has actually come.
wzandler, I agree with you that the Viao Zoom is the coolest and that nonphysical keys would be terrible. Clear glass technology is not going to be the way of the future, while it looks nicer, it is too fragile for a "kids friendly" device (prompt)
On the website "Future laptops" I saw a lot of roll up designs. I think that this would be a great concept. It would make computers even moer portable than they already are. I also enjoyed the projection computer design. Wouldn't it be nice if we could have a computer the size of a cell phone that had a full size keyboard?
1. The website "Future Laptops", there was a lot of awesome designes, but i liked the "Siafu". It is a hand held tablets in and oval shape and it creates #D images and recognizes voice commands.2. ...MY perfect laptop..? Hmmm.. Ok, well it would have to be extremely light weight but almost unbreakable, it would also have to have a expandable keyboard for easier typing if the keyboard is to small. i would also like 3D projections to be able to come out of it:)
On the website "Slick Laptops" I thought the Vaio Zoom concept was rally cool. I think it would be the perfect laptop if they were to get the mouse and keyboard to feel right if they use holographic design.
The laptop I liked the best was listed on the website "Slick Laptops" was the Vaio Zoom. The Vaio Zoom uses holographic technology in the screen and when the computer is off, the screen becomes completely transparent. This laptop looks and sounds like a really cool idea.
I think that the keyboard coming out of the phone is a pretty cool idea. The qwerty keyboards seem a little small or i just have really big hands. The whole keyboard projection onto a table is pretty cool.
1. I think the MacTab in Slick Laptops category because it it implements both versatility and looking good its thin and flexable.2.it would be vary versatile and would be very cool.
i like the d roll it looked the coolest out of all of them and i actually want to see one in real life
1. I kind of liked the Sony Vaio Zoom from the Future link, but the touchscreen keyboard would feel too unnatural to me since I am used to chicklet style boards. Also, to make things clear, the screen isn't holographic because it is a 2D image on the screen. The one I would use and love to see is the Napkin PC from the Future link because that is the one I think will have the broadest appeal and also take off better than the others. It's flexible, portable, and the image will remain on the "Paper" indefinitely. Therefore, it would replace paper, pictures, and paintings in one fell swoop by giving someone the option to change one of the latter object's images to whatever they want, whenever they want.
I like the "Compenion laptop", from the sight "slick laptops", looks nice and slick, and i like the idea of having the touch screen computer and pushing the screen up for the keyboard. It looks like it a good size, portable, and over all i would love to own one, but mac version.
I really enjoyed looking through the Freshest Laptops because of how aesthetically cool they all look. The perfect laptop in my opinion is one with wicked designs and a basic keyboard with all the standard keys. I'd also like it to be somewhat slim and definitely portable. -GoogleKing
The moonlight laptop is soo futuristic looking. If I were a designer I would base my design off of this one!! If I was to make one to appeal to kids, I would base my operating system off of lion and make a chrome store of my own.kids love using the chrome store because of all the helpful and fun games it has.
I really liked the wood laptop. It was featured in the Slick Laptops link. I think the perfect laptop would be made of wood, because it just looks so freaking cool! The changes I would make is to make this laptop way thinner and make the screen smaller. I really like light and small laptops. The ultra-portable ones. I would also make sure it had a cd drive and an i7 processor with lots of RAM.
They're all terrible. All of them. Except the Purity Notebook. Its the only one that looks good. I don't see the point of the extra fancy things a lot of them add on. God, terrible. Why would they be any good? Eugh.
To kids flashy and sleek designs are a must (this is one of the reasons apple is so popular I think). Another thing that I would want is a touch screen that you can reverse and use like a tablet. ( a bit like the fly book). Other than that all the other laptops were neat, but I would never seriously consider buying them unless I was convinced they could be used practically and comfortably.
1. Under the slick laptops website, I really liked the thinkpad reserve edition. I mean, all of the computers had some cool components like the 3 dimensional looking one or the wood one. However, I believe that the thinkpad contains components of the majority of the laptops. Some of those are the touchscreen features and the multi-look screens where multiple people can view the laptop as well!2. My perfect laptop would be almost exactly like the thinkpad one I picked simply because while I love touchscreen, I also like normal keyboards for school and emailing and other reasons as well. I would also like the laptop design to be sleek and most likely black. The portability is also an issue but theres always cases, etc.
The mactab was an awesome design. It was sleek but stylish. It caught my attention because it is more portable, has outstanding abilities and most importantly it looks awesome!
Humor is great. Always please be appropriate. On posts where you are asked to state an opinion, thoroughly support your stand. Number your responses!